Register Now for Hydrocarbon Processing’s 15th annual International Refining & Petrochemical Conference (IRPC) 9/12-9/13 – Houston
This Event Reminder is Sponsored by:
This two-day technical conference, seamlessly intertwined with exhibition and networking opportunities, will bring downstream innovators and leaders together to connect and share ideas. Delegates will meet to share knowledge and learn about best practices and the latest industry advances.
Top reasons to attend include –
- Exposure to new technologies and innovations: IRPC showcases the latest applied technological advancements, innovative processes, and breakthrough research in the field.
- Networking with industry leaders: Our networking opportunities will give you the chance to network with industry leaders, key stakeholders, and decision-makers from around the world.
- Access to subject matter experts: The IRPC conference program is compiled by an esteemed advisory board of HPI industry veterans. Our speakers are leaders in the HPI industry and renowned subject matter experts.
- Industry insights and knowledge: by attending IRPC, you will gain valuable insights into the latest trends and technologies affecting the refining and petrochemical industry. You will learn about emerging market dynamics, explore new business opportunities, and stay updated on industry best practices.
- Brand visibility and thought leadership: Attending IRPC will give you the opportunity to enhance your personal and company brand visibility within the industry.
- Continuing Education Credits: Attendees can fulfill their CEU requirements while staying updated on industry advancements.
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
*For information regarding the breakfast sponsorship, please contact Bo Howard at Events@GulfEnergyInfo.com.
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. –Integrally Geared Compressor Technology for Heat Pumps, Recycling Compressors and in Co2 Compression. – Oskar Schnabel, Market Segment Manager, Atlas Copco Gas and Process
11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – High Pressure Fluidized Bed Systems – Eloy Flores III, Director R&D, SWRI
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. – Zero Emission Heat Energy with Electric Process Heating Systems – David Taylor, Vice President, Business Development, Chromalox
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Autonomous and Remote Operations Challenges, Technologies and Innovative Practices, Stan DeVries, Industry Principal, Aveva
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Scaling Digital Transformation through Advanced Analytics – Morgan Bowling, Industry Principal, Oil & Gas, Seeq
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. – From Artificial Intelligence to Real Intelligence – Karthik Gopalakrishnan, Solution Consultant, Yokogawa
*For information regarding the luncheon sponsorship, please contact Bo Howard at Events@GulfEnergyInfo.com.
1:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Decarbonized Olefin Production – Paul Langston, Director – Olefins Technology, KBR
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Optimization Model for Polymer Production Scheduling – Aurelio Ferrucci, Executive Vice President, Prometheus SRL
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Olefins Feedstocks and the Energy Transition: Walt Hart, Americas Olefins Lead, S&P Global
1:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Zero Sulfur Refining – Joseph Gentry, Vice President, Technology Division, GTC Vorro Technology
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – New R&D Challenges and Strategies for Optimizing Processes at Energy Parks – Romero Vazques, Head of Chemistry, Cepsa Research Center
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Racing to Find the Right Separation Technology – Victor Scalco, Business Director and R&D, General Atomics Electromagnetics
3:30 – 4:00 p.m. – Supercharging Carbon Emissions Management and Decision Support, a European Refinery Case Study – Jillian Davidson, Director Industry Marketing, Aspen Technology
4:00 – 4;30 p.m – Refineries’ Pandemic Turmoil – KNPC Gasoline Demand Opportunities and Challenges: Mohammad Matar, Team Leader Operational Planning, KNPC and Dalal Alqallaf, Senior Engineer, Operational Planning, KNPC
4:30 – 5:00 p.m. – From Refiners to Industrial & Energy Hubs – Eric Koenig, Strategy Vice President, Energies & Chemicals, Schneider Electric
*For information regarding the Day 1 Reception Sponsorship, please contact Bo Howard at Events@GulfEnergyInfo.com.
Wednesday, September 13, 2023
*For information on the breakfast sponsorship, please contact Bo Howard at Events@GulfEnergyInfo.com.
Thomas Chunat, Director of Technical Excellence, Motiva
Martin Gonzalez, Innovation & Technology Principal, BP
Richard Hines, Lead – Enterprise Data, Suncor
Mark Sen Gupta, Research Director, ARC Advisory Group
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Renewable DME Pathways to Defossilize the LPG Industry – Dr. Ron Sills, Director, XTL & DME Institute,
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Challenges in Refinery Biofuels Coprocessing: Root-Cause Analysis and Mitigation of LPG Emulsions in Amine Units and Caustic Units – David Engel, Managing Director, Nexo Solutions
11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Green Petrochemicals from Sustainable Sources – HsiangYee Hoekstra, Program Manager, R&D, SWRI
Session 7: Refining – Petrochemical Integration
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Effective Refinery-Petrochemical Integration – Rahul Pillai, Technology Manager, KBR
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Crude to paraxylene complexes in China: unexpected consequences – Michel Mollinier, Director of Americas, S&P Global
11:30 am – 12:00 pm. – Challenges in adding Flare Gas Recovery System – Kamal Banjara, Senior Process Safety Engineer, Smith & Burgess
1:00 – 1:30 p.m. – On-line Plant-wide Mass Balance in a Refinery via Machine Learning – Dr. Venkataramana Runkana, Chief Scientist, Tata Consultancy Services
1:30 2:00 p.m. – Decarbonization using Digitalization – Lara Rabbath, Refining and Sustainability Marketing Manager, Emerson and Julie Valentine, Director, Global Refining & Sustainability Measurement Solutions, Emerson
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Engineer in Minutes not Months – Peter Kauders, Director, CDE Projects Limited
1:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Digital Reliability of Rotating & Fixed Equipment – Andrey Kostyukov, President & CEO, Dynamics Scientific
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Scalable Solutions for Advanced Asset Health Monitoring – Ryan Muir, Principal Enterprise Architect, Aveva
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Cleaning Procedure for a Plate Heat Exchanger Derived from Data Analysis Based on Recurrent Neural Networks – Luis Martin, Chemical Engineer, EcoPetrol and William Vargas, Electromechanical Engineer, EcoPetrol
Coffee and Networking Break – Sponsored by Aspen Technology Exhibit Hall
3:00 – 3:30 pm – Advanced Recycling of Plastics: What Does Good Look Like? – Marcus Trygstard, Chief Technology Officer, Arduro Clean Technologies
3:30 – 4:00 p.m. – Carbon Capture and Sequestration for Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units – Sandeep Khatwani and Willa Liao, Principal Consultants, Advisian
4:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Energy-Automation Software Tried to Achieve Sustainability in the Ammonia Industry – Yasmine McColl, Global Business Development Leader, Schneider Electric
*For information regarding the reception sponsorship, please reach out to Bo Howard at Events@GulfEnergyInfo.com.
- The Hydrogen Decade: One Dollar, One Kilogram by 2030 – Hydrogen North America 2023
- BREAKING: Corpus Christi Carbon Storage Hub Awarded to World-Class Team lead by Repsol
- RWE Grows U.S. Offshore Wind Development Portfolio by 2-Gigawatt in BOEM’s First-Ever Offshore Wind Lease Auction in the Gulf of Mexico
- Industrial Data Labs Raises $1.5 Million in Seed Round to Drive Innovation in Industrial Sales Processes with Applied AI
- BREAKING : Occidental Enters into Agreement to Acquire Direct Air Capture Technology Innovator Carbon Engineering – Approx $1.1 Billion